Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

DRY AND WRINKLED, BUT STILL BEAUTIFUL



 After watching the movie "Into the Wild", I had been thinking about how I needed to enjoy nature more. I took a leisurely walk down Stackhouse Park to spend time with God. I started my usual ritual of thinking who needed prayer and started praying. It was frustrating and dry. It was exhausting me and I felt God say be quiet - listen, look. I had to really put an effort forth to quiet my mind, but as I did, I began to notice cream colored leaves standing out on some of the trees. It was early spring and everything was dead and gray. I thought it was interesting that these leaves were still hanging on and that they looked pretty to me in the dead gray forest.
As I pondered this, I realized something . . . that was me. I had been through a very long, hard, brutally cold winter, but I was still connected to the branch. Maybe a little dry and wrinkled, but still beautiful and hanging on, shedding some light in the dark forest. I thought . . . Soon this tree will bloom again. As I neared the end of my walk, several pine trees showed themselves strong and green, even after an unbearable winter.  I said to myself, I want to be like them someday.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't wonderful to know that after each winter comes spring and the our piece of the world is in bloom again. It is all in God's plan isn't it. Thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete