Search This Blog

Friday, February 8, 2019

Where Are You God?



   2018 will not go down in history as being one of my favorite years.  I feel as though it has been a year of taking - things that I love and things I had hoped for.  The struggle has been to see and hear God through it all.  

However, I kept feeling God was mysteriously silent.  Still, my heart longed to hear His voice  To believe for everything He has for me and nothing else.  In fact, shouldn't I be hearing his voice more?  I have been a Christian for 40 + years.  Shouldn't things be getting clearer?

Today, as I cried out in desperation once again, I kept looking at the sun shining.  I definitely decided that today was not a day for venturing out.  It was just too cold. However, I decided as I have many times that maybe God was prompting me.  I decided to follow this trail even if it led to no new revelations, like so many times before.

I put my coat on and called for my dog.  I kept hoping that God would show up in all His glory pronouncing His great love for me or maybe sending miraculous solutions to my problems through someone I would surprisingly bump into.  

But alas, that isn't what happened.  I just couldn't stop thinking about the roaring wind rushing through the trees.  It was coming in waves as the ocean does and it was powerful and thunderous.  I thought of how it made me feel and the very reason I am drawn to nature.  Following this, many things began coming to my mind - ocean waves, blue sky, majestic trees, singing birds, laughing grandchildren, waterfalls, crunchy autumn leaves, flowers, earl grey tea, blackberries, soft fur on my dog, cool water, warm sun.  Was not the Lord already speaking to me through all of this - displaying His love, showering His blessings?  The older I get, the more sensitive I am to these things and maybe, just maybe, I am hearing and seeing God.  And much more than I realize.




Isaiah 55:12
You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.



Psalm 19:1-4
The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands.  Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge.  There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard.  Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.



Psalm 96:11-12
Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad; let the sea resound, and all that is in it.  Let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them; let all the trees of the forest sing for joy.  



Song of Solomon 2:13
The fig tree ripens its figs, and the vines are in blossom; they give forth fragrance.  



Genesis 27:27
So he came near and kissed him.  And Isaac smelled the smell of his garments and blessed him and said, "See, the smell of my son is as the smell of a field that the Lord has blessed!



Romans 1:20
For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made.










No comments:

Post a Comment