Search This Blog

Monday, February 2, 2015

The Final Grade

                               



And He said unto me, my grace is sufficient for thee. 2 Corinthians 12:9

I am competitive when it comes to academics.  That is why I was alarmed when I received an F on my first college chemistry exam.  It was the first F I had ever received.  Not only that, I was taking a statistics class that resembled a foreign language.  I wondered how I would ever make it through.

To my surprise, I received a final grade of A in both classes.  God brought this to my remembrance when I was struggling with the possibility of losing my house.  My mother had just passed away and I was exhausted with full-time school work, working a job, interning and homeschooling. 

“My grace is sufficient for thee.”  Really, God?  At times, my faith was lacking.  At times, I even felt angry with God.

Through that experience, God spoke to my heart. There had been a lot of “D” and “E” days lately, but I also had a lot of “A” days.  That’s really what matters.  It’s the final grade.

Therefore, having so vast a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, and throwing off everything that hinders us and especially the sin that so easily entangles us, let us keep running with endurance the race set before us.  Hebrews 12:1 

Keep running with endurance and you will receive the crown – or as I would say – the final A grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment